RFQ for Video Documentary and Audio-Visual Training Modules/Kits
Terms of Reference (ToR)
- For 3-5 minute video documentary on SeSTA’s Executive Traineeship Programme
- Training A/V Kits on five different trainings
Seven Sisters Development Assistance known as SeSTA (www.sesta.org ) is an NGO that works directly with poor and marginalized communities in 14 districts of Assam and Tripura. We are presently working with over 12000 families directly to reduce poverty through enhancing assets / capabilities and facilitating access to sustainable income earning opportunities. To achieve this vision, we have placed 57 highly motivated and skilled professionals in villages who work directly with communities to:
- Promote / nurture women’s groups to build capabilities and leverage institutional finances for members’ livelihoods
- Develop and introduce locally suitable Livelihood activities to increase incomes
- Mobilise finances for livelihood assets and infrastructure
- Set up mechanisms to sustain the livelihood gains made by the communities
1. Video documentary on SeSTA’s Executive Traineeship Programme
About SeSTA’s Executive Traineeship Programme
There is little societal focus on the issues faced by rural people. Not to mention, these rural spaces are still perceived as backwards and transient. Even today, there remains a huge deficit in the availability of quality human resources to work in the villages, along with the communities.
To bridge this gap, SeSTA has designed a very unique Executive Traineeship Programme. Under this programme SeSTA recruits and grooms 10 Executive Trainees every year by recruiting them through a systematic process. These trainees are professionals passed out from various institutions who would then transform into development professionals through praxis method under the guidance of experienced mentors from SeSTA. There is no such programme in the development sector of North East India that gives professionals from varied sectors a chance to explore the rural sector before they choose to join the rural development sector for good.
This would not only offer a cohort of trained professionals to the development sector of the North East regions every year but also enrich the sector with a new set of professionals who will fulfil the bottom-up version of the Indian developmental dream. Through a carefully designed multi-tier selection process, SeSTA takes on board young people with varied educational backgrounds and prepares them to use their knowledge and skills to work for the benefit of the rural poor. The recruitment process comprises of written examination, group discussions, personal interview, and sociometric processes and a 7 day Rural Stay Test (RST) to understand their abilities to work in a group in terms of intellectual, social and emotional maturity as well to gauge their empathy towards disadvantaged communities and adaptability in adverse situations.
Once selected, the Executive Trainees undergo rigorous training for a period of 1 year in organizational design, processes and values, perspective development of an area, community mobilization, capacity enhancement, livelihood promotion and finance and accounts before they are inducted to SeSTA’s pool of working professionals as ‘Executives’ or the working development sector in general. Till date 75 professionals have been trained in grass-root development through our Executive Traineeship Programme.
SeSTA is planning to develop one very short (3-5 minutes) video documentary highlighting its Executive Traineeship Programme and its impact amidst a subtle build-up of its overall works and close engagement with grassroots communities through several livelihood interventions. This film will be disseminated to external stakeholders like community, donors, partner organisations and other agencies like Govt. stakeholders etc. This is also meant to be a promotional video with can be used to convey SeSTA’s successful Executive Traineeship Programme specifically to potential donors, various institutions including educational ones to attract people interested to join SeSTA’s programme as well as individuals willing to collaborate. The documentary should capture the following (suggestive list and not exhaustive) and will require shooting at nearby field locations (1 or 2) :
- Qiuck Overview about SeSTA and its works
- Introduction to SeSTA’s Executive Traineeship Programme (Need, Objective, Uniqueness and What does it offer)
- Selection Process
- Stages of Executive Traineeship Programme (Immersion, Village Stay, Village Study, Orientation Programme and Field Work)
- Testimonials of current and past Executive Trainees
- Shooting Script prior to shoot
- Submission of Raw Footage (Open Files) and the Final Cut
- Voiceover and subtitles in English, Bengali and Assamese
*Approvals from the appointed SeSTA staff will be necessary at all stages of deliverable execution.
Duration of the Assignment:
For Documentary on SeSTA Executive Traineeship program: 1 week from the date of commencement (Extension will be subject to mutual agreement of SeSTA and the agency/firm hired)
2. Five A/V training kits:
SeSTA conducts different trainings on community mobilization, institution building and various livelihood trainings. These trainings are designed for the Community and Professionals. In order to make these trainings more effective SeSTA plans to prepare different audio video training kits. The details of the A/V tools to be prepared are given below. All shooting needs to be done at Tripura.
- Pig rearing
- Organic manure
- Organic pesticides
For five A/V training Kits: Three weeks from the date of commencement.
- Shooting Script
- Submission of rough cut and final cut
- Voiceover in Bengali and Kokborok
Terms of Payment: Full and Final payment will be made once the deliverables are approved and accepted by SeSTA.
Remuneration: The remuneration consultancy charge is negotiable.
The Agency looking to engage with us should have:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of making audio visuals for the development sectors
- Are independently able to lead the entire process inclusive of conceptualizing, structuring, storyboarding, shooting, editing and delivering the final product
- Are comfortable working and travelling in rural/remote locations
- Previous experience in Assam and NE and local language skills preferred but not required
Interested individuals, organisations/firms with the relevant background should submit a basic strategy outline for shooting this film along with their CV with 2 References and at least 2 links to relevant videos developed along with an Expression of Interest (EoI) mentioning Detailed Costs Breakup, terms of payment, timeline, processes to be followed and about the firm/individual credentials via mail in a PDF copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 8th October 2019. For any query, mails may be sent to email@example.com.